(Very easy to make)
2 eggs, whites separated from yolks
1/2 cup sugar
300 ml whipping cream
1 tablespoon hot water
1. Beat egg whites until stiff, Add half of the sugar and beat very well until shiny and smooth.
2. Beat the egg yolks with the hot water and the remaining sugar until very stiff and pale. (10 minutes possibly).
3. Beat the cream until it makes peaks but not to the lumpy stage.
4. Blend all the ingredients together by folding in (cutting, lifting and turning - gently but thoroughly). Fold in flavourings (below).
5. Freeze. (You don't need to get it out half way through and mix - this ice cream is so rich and soft, it doesn't form big crystals).
• Coffee and chicory essence • cold fruit pulp (almost any kind) • raisins soaked overnight in a little dark rum • real vanilla essence • cocoa powder mixed with a little orange juice plus chocolate chips • peppermint essence • Guinness beer (reduced to about 1/3 its volume by simmering about 15 minutes then cooling)...