'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Thursday 1 May 2008

May Day



Ah, look at the scarlet oak this morning, the first of May. 
 
I was going to quote from Terry Pratchett about May dancers (he dislikes 'em) but I found this instead:
"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who, when presented with a glass that is exactly half full, say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty.  The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full!  And it was a bigger glass!"        
-- Terry Pratchett

3 comments:

  1. The pictures on my blog are taken with my camera, a Kodak EasyShare P850 as well as with my boyfriend's camera, a Nikon COOLPIX 7600. The salamander photo you like was taken with his camera by him. Thank you for the comments. I enjoy your photography as well...and your paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quote! By the way please tell your daughter to say hello to Lynne Sommers for me. Say I taught English at her last school in Sheffield and I think she will know who I am. Perhaps Lynne would like to drop by my blog some time. I am happy for your daughter to give her my address - www.beefgravy.blogspot.com

    Glad you have discovered Occupied Country. Steve doesn't blog prolifically (Is that how you spell that underused word?) but I still enjoy his blog very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam - thanks for the information. I am teetering on the edge of the decision to buy a new camera. I want an SLR... I miss the versatility of my old Nikon FM. Anyone out there any suggestions? I think I have narrowed it down to a Canon EOS400D, Nikon D40 or D60, or a Pentax K100D...
    YP - School term starts next week, so I will get a message to Lynne. My son remembers her too.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.