'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Thursday 8 May 2008

Suns



Returning to one of my favourite topics...

Every year, in our galaxy, about twenty new suns are born.

That means, that in the whole universe there are about six hundred thousand new suns being born ... every second.

And, if I stand outside at night and raise my arm making a fist, my fist will be covering about one thousand thousand galaxies.


(So...can we have yer liver then?)

Click on the image to see it much better.  Spot the paired galaxies lower left.  Amazing image from the NASA website.

3 comments:

  1. What about daughters? How many of them could you hide with your fist?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silly Twit. Anyway, it was galaxies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm... Galaxies! Would any of them have caramel fillings? Personally I prefer them with hazelnuts. Absolutely scrumptious! And if I am a silly twit then so are you! So there!

    ReplyDelete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.