'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Saturday 4 April 2009

Nine Marine Minutes

The countdown is on to the end of term.  Consequently the count-down is also on for submission of final art piece to The Void - the exhibition area in the basement of Tech - for marking.
I have been drawing for about 12 hours every day since last Monday.  My hand is sore.  Actually, my whole arm is sore, including the shoulder.  

Here is a page from my book.  As you can see, it has an assortment of drawings from our field trip to Wellington.  I am working on an A3 sheet of 300 gsm archival paper.  I've chosen it because it's deliciously heavy so I don't need to stretch it.  But the surface is quite rough so it's been tricky to get some of the fine detail, however when I lay my graphite stick on its side, it makes a useful beginning surface for stones or concrete.

4 comments:

  1. Kathrine I think your work is fantastic! 12 hours each day - certainly though natural talent is important however, dedication and determination score very high when it comes to creation. :) I think my favorites are the two in the center (to the right) of the page.
    Wonderful work Kathrine! I love seeing it and hope you will post plenty more. Thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have been working hard, indeed! And it is clearly paying off: those are lovely drawings. I hope you will continue to share more of your work in the future. I love to see your artistry. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your talent is showing through your dedication.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Beautiful drawings Katherine. I hope you'll be able to rest your arm soon.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.