'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Sunday 12 April 2009

Our trip to the world



Over the next few months I'm going to be closing down another of my blogs and slowly transferring the posts over to TLVD.  

Apologies to those who are a) not interested in travel diaries (because that's what it is) or b) have already read it and don't want to again.  You may wish to skip future posts prefixed by a date.
But to all the rest of my loyal, kind, and friendly fans, I would like to think that you will continue to enjoy visiting, and that once or twice a week or so, you will be happy to read my familiar, riveting style, amusing anecdotes, positive spin on sometimes mis-adventures and (even more) fabulous digital photographs, overlooking, nay even enjoying my (frequent) parentheses and other characteristic, but not strictly grammatical whimsicalities and idiosyncrasies, in a new context.  And sometimes quite short sentences too.

Please feel free to comment on places you have been, experiences parallel or otherwise, that our travels bring to your mind.  And bear in mind, dear European visitors, that we kiwis live in a raw, new country and are especially prone to waxing lyrical about anything older than 100 years.  So please bear with us.  I'd like to think you may even enjoy seeing familiar things through our eyes.  

So, slip on your DVT-preventing pantyhose, take your Avomine airsickness tablet, fasten your seatbelt, check the position of your nearest exit and off we go!



3 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy your travels. I will enjoy readig of them. I too, will begin to travel this month and will be posting about it. Good to warn one's readers.

    Safe journeys.. and a beautiful moon by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am so ready for some travelling.
    Especially if I don't have to go through any airport security checks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good. Well that's three interested. I have spouted enthusiastically before a much smaller audience! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.