'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Sunday 5 April 2009

Signs of autumn



The scarlet oak in the front garden - our season indicator - is just showing on the tip of a couple of branches that it has noticed the temperature plummeting to 8ºC the last few nights.  It's like litmus paper, really...


3 comments:

  1. This post really made me smile. The best of blogging - to feel how we really do live on a round planet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are stealing your summer day by day. As your autumn discolours tired deciduous leaves, our spring draws forth fragile and tender greenery. We are stealing your summer day by day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to watch the changes too, and I meant to say I loved your drawings Katherine. Really nice.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.