'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Saturday 17 March 2012

Art Up Close


Here are some close-ups of my final post-graduate work at the end of last year.
The fine almost obsessive-looking detail was one of the most important elements of the work. Part of the written submission explored this so I thought I would share some of the images I took.
The pigments used included tea infusions, indian ink, charcoal, acrylic paint, coloured pencil, white ink, and watercolour paint.























4 comments:

  1. now this blog made me think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What did you think John? (By the way, if you're interested, the final work is here: http://delphine-angua.blogspot.co.nz/2011/11/bee.html )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Katherine - love your new profile picture! Far more you! But the description - Artist, writer and kayaker... Shouldn't you add mother and muffin maker?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will if you put 'gnome-sheep-herder' on yours.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.