'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Thursday 22 March 2012

Countdown to the party: Two days to go.


Today I made a lot of tent-place-names for the tables...

And made a whole lot of creme brulées.
This is what 24 egg yolks looks like.
(I now have a lot of whites in the freezer - it looks like we are going to be eating a lot of pavlovas and meringues this year!)



And I vacuumed, dusted and basically re-organised the whole house so there will be room for 32 people to sit at tables in the lounge and through into the study.
I collected up, re-potted and groomed the indoor plants.
I gathered up lots of tables and seating from friends, and likewise cutlery and crockery, glasses and serving dishes.
I carefully pinned my wonderful phulkari (that I was given at Aftermas) on the wall in the lounge, framed up photos of my daughter, and hung them around the place.
I cleaned windows and outside chairs and did two loads of washing.


2 comments:

  1. Love the photo of the eggs but nowhere near as much as I LOVE creme brulées! Wot no phulkari on the wall?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photo was pre-phulkari... It looks so nice up there, I've left it for the meantime.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.