'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Wednesday 7 March 2012

Dijea's Photo Challenge. Reflections


Here is another offering for this week.
Reflections and sunshine on a little stream that trickles through a small patch of bush (NZ forest) up at a local arboretum: McLaren Falls Park.


This was taken one time when we were up there a couple of years ago on an art school trip. Our brief was to somehow create an art work using only what was available in the natural surroundings. The variety was astonishing... many made shapes and shadows and patterns from vegetation, foliage or sticks. Some threaded flowers in odd places. I tried to capture the textures and reflections of sun and light on moving water with my camera. I made large prints (A3) from the best three images, although this wasn't one of them. I'll have to hunt them out for another post.

5 comments:

  1. Yes, you do! This one's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you noticed how Dijea is falling behind on her posts? She had a new full time job. Funny how that can change things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK Emily. I will! (Thank you.)

    Judy, I did. Happens to us all. For me it was study last year of course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If this isn't one of the best then I agree with Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Geeb!

    ReplyDelete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.