'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Saturday 10 March 2012

Dijea's Photo Challenge. Window.

While we were up north, as I've mentioned, we visited the Leigh Sawmill Brewery. Sadly, it wasn't open but I leaned over the garden and peeked through one of the windows to try and catch a glimpse of the mysterious copper vats and pipes that accompany the alchemy of beer-making. I was up close and personal with the window to take a shot of the inside when that usual thing happened, and the camera focussed on the window stencil, instead of the inside.
I stood back had a quick look at the image in the LCD screen and nearly leapt out of my skin, as I had taken a shot of a humungous spider that was sitting in its web right over the window!

I'm not really one for being nervous of insects and spiders, but this one made so unexpected an appearance I have to confess to having an elevated heart rate as I took this next one. It was some warm Northland monster, about 2.5 cm (1 in) long. Brrrr!



1 comment:

  1. Not something I'd want in my bedroom thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.