'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Tuesday 31 July 2012

Bird Barn


We had only just begun our journey back from Miranda when I spotted a flock of starlings in some trees and on a corrugated barn roof.  

I didn't want to make them all fly away so I did a U-turn, and went back, did another U and came up on them slowly, clicking as I went.

I've had a play around with the contrast, color and shape...and finally settled on a black and white version, closely cropped, and with some of the grass blurred, as I felt the sharp detail in the lower corners distracted from the birds.  





Starlings on a barn, Waitakaruru.


2 comments:

  1. They can present a wonderful display but I still think of them as the Bully Boys and have had around 70 in my garden this 'summer'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. The ubiquitous starling... the most common bird in the world (I think?). At least, probably the most successful...

    Here, for the purposes of the photo it's just 'birdness' .

    ReplyDelete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.