'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Wednesday 11 July 2012

Challenge 2

From next week I am going to be working part-time in a local pet shop for a while.  More about this soon.  But if I am there on a regular basis, how will I resist* buying and bringing home something like this?

Our Shelly 1999 - 2010
* At least two of my kids don't want me to even try!

6 comments:

  1. A job I could not do!
    I would be broke
    and the pet store would be "at home"
    hey ho!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very dangerous indeed. All pupies are irresistable.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11.7.12

    Aha! A Visible Dog on TLVD! Good luck with the resistance... I do struggle with the notion of pet stores, I have to say, where a life-long companion can be bought on a whim with little appreciation of the commitment involved. But, Katherine, I'm sure your presence, with your experience of beautiful Shelly, will be a good and healthy influence! Have fun... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. John - I couldn't sell pets either... I'm not going to be the usual person one finds in a pet shop...

    Helsie - I shall have to put my guard up. Luckily the pet I like best in this particular shop is a delightful dog who belongs to one of the owners. So I can't take her, not matter how much I desire!

    Antonia - Indeed. I worry when I see puppies and kittens bought 'for' children under 5.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rather like an alcoholic working in distillery. You solve the problem by working in a meat factory.

    As for not being the 'usual person' - the owners are going to love you. I assume you are not being paid on commission alone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Indeed Geeb...

    I'm not being paid at all. Not, as such. More soon. Have to get the posters printed.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.