'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Monday 6 August 2012

Miranda

There's something special about the light at Miranda.  It is unique.  The reflections off the tidal ponds, the clouds over the Coromandel Peninsula on the other side of the Thames Estuary, the crystal clear stars, rolling thunderheads, and silver tidal flat meanders... All special and lovely.  Captivating and subtle, like the distinctions between the waders that frequent the shores.

Rainbow over the Miranda Shorebird Centre.



Black swans on the stilt ponds: Miranda, Firth of Thames.

5 comments:

  1. That second photo is lovely. The sky is spectacular. Is it the same one as the large photo with some of the sky cropped out or just a bit od zoom?
    Cheers
    PS. If I was ever to change my name I would be Miranda I think!! - another little snippet about me !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, The second photo is indeed a zoomed in telephoto Helsie. Interesting how a cropped photo can have a different atmosphere.
      Shall we call you Miranda from now on?

      Delete
  2. Anonymous7.8.12

    Thank you for these beautiful pictures, Katherine. Yes, isn't the light amazing? It felt special for me to see them today as it's the feast of the Transfiguration in the Christian calendar - a day to think about light.

    I like the name Miranda too: "to be wondered at". It goes well with all the beauty you share!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to get your comment Antonia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a special place.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.