'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Monday 1 December 2014

Eye Candy Day: TLVD Phenomenon Revisited

On the 1 September of my first year of blogging, I began the blogging series 'Eye Candy Day'.  On the first of the month, each month, for the following four years, without missing a single one, I posted, usually without comment or hint as to who it was, an image of a pretty or handsome human.  In my opinion, of course, and not always a truth universally acknowledged.
They were self-confessedly shallow, and possibly even slightly offensive to some, and justified by the words 'my Eye Candy Day should just be taken with a pinch of ..er.. sugar. I am usually so overly and deeply sensitive to others' feelings, once a month I have to redress the balance. :-)' 
Today I thought I would repost the first one as a tribute to my tenacity in the face of enormous public pressure (actually they often got more jocular comments than other posts, and, once he got used to them, even from Yorkshire Pudding to whom they seemed a direct testosterone-infused glove slap).

So without more ado, here is the face and the link to that first Eye Candy Day.  Many Happy Returns.  Maybe …

Eye Candy Day 1


13 comments:

  1. I was once dining with three very attractive women who were discussing 'handsome men'. They asked me (for some bizarre reason) who I considered 'handsome'. I really couldn't think of anyone.... it's not the sort of thing men think about. But the following day I thought of Imran Khan (cricketer), and phoned the woman who'd asked the question. She seemed to agree with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's (for me) something about the eyes and the mouth. Symmetry helps too of course, as we all know. Yep Imran Khan would do. Maybe next month.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I will forever wonder what you wrote Alden and then deleted.

      Delete
  3. Katherine! Where on earth did you get this picture of me? Admittedly it's not current. It's probably months old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Kelvin, you caught me out. Was going to use one from your hippy days, but you just got better and better ...

      Delete
  4. Man alive, but I don't know how women get away with this stuff! If I posted photos of eye candy girls on my blog I would be called a lecher or worse! AND why are you putting on photos of men of the perfect Hollywood / Barbie Doll ilk that 95% of the population (excepting you and me of course) cannot live up to! - There got that off my chest - now - would you like a photo of me for your next eye candy blog photo? wouldya wouldya wouldya???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah. Just candy floss Alden. I posted humans of the female persuasion too… and… I would post one of you if I started ECD up again.
      If you search this blog for 'eye candy day' you'll see all kinds of less-than-perfect non-hollywood people too. but, as I said, it was just candy floss, once a month.

      Delete
  5. As an aside I find it difficult to comment on your blogspot - I comment then push the publish button which takes me to my Gmail login which when logged in takes me back to your comment thingie with my comment deleted - So I then have to comment again (which is easy now as I comment and then save it at the beginning of all this marlarky) all this sounds so convoluted (and it is) that I think I will delete this comment as well - No, life is not complicated - Just interesting. Now will this be wheeeeeeee delete or Wheeeeeeee publish????

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you think I need to do something my end Alden? That sounds a jolly nuisance. Anyone else having problems? Or just handsome Alden?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, that solved it. All I have to do is make sure that I am signed into my blog account AND THEN make a comment on your blog - not the other way round. I don't think there is anything you can do your end - but I am sure I could publish to peoples Blogs without first signing in or without my comments disappearing - but no matter, life is too short to be worried about such minutae (min you tay) how do you spell that - anyway life too short - too much sailing and painting and just 'being' to do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm, well, keep on carpaying the diem Alden, because you know, despite what They say, it's the small everyday stuff that IS important.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.