'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Thursday 27 August 2015

Research

I am putting together a proposal, that will also need to include a painting. I want to record the recent Katikati bioblitz in an outdoor mural. I feel it is important that it can be touched up or repaired, so the style of painting should perhaps be different from my usual. I'm thinking rather than graduations of colour, more patches of coulour. But I am worried it will end up looking like a colour-by-number.

Has anyone out there an opinion on this? Or been involved with or done a large-scale mural work? Cro? Tom? Am I concerned needlessly? Should I just go ahead in my usual style? I am feeling a bout of analysis paralysis coming on ...



3 comments:

  1. Sorry. I've never been involved in painting murals, so have no worthwhile advice. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which of your 'usual' styles? Go ahead in the style you are most comfortable with is my totally untutored suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7.11.15

    Kate, there is a place not far from Sheffield called Chesterfield where street murals are being used extensively. Just google Chesterfield Murals UK and you'll see some of them. The collective behind them is here - http://www.urbancanvas.co.uk/Art/Home.html I'm quite sure that some of their members would be more than willing to advise you.

    What an exciting project to be embarking upon. I do hope it goes well.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.