'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Sunday 25 October 2015

Beautiful New Zealand 3

Nearly there with some wedding photos, and even a video maybe. The reason for the delay is that I have been waiting for my son and new daughter-in-law to release their own first, but poor things have been unwell, and then had some unexpected demands on their time, then had to go back to work!
They are talking about having a honeymoon in a year! 
But, while you wait with bated breath to see me in my Punjabi outfit, here are some more stolen images of New Zealand, where I have lived for nearly six decades.  

The first is my own image, Te Mata hills, Hawkes Bay, taken a couple of weekends ago, and dedicated to my dear friend John who used to know this area well, but who now lives in Somerset.

The last three, taken from a small plane, show the extinct volcano Mauo, and the Mount Manganui town on the spit behind, that is the seaside town fifteen minutes from the outskirts of the city of Tauranga, where I live. 


As before, if one or two are clearly your own patient loving handiwork, and you wish to be acknowledged or have it removed, please slip me a comment which I will get by email, and need not be published. 





















































17 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos; all of them. I particularly like the sheep and lamb. I'm slightly surprised that today you didn't include a photo of The All Blacks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought YP would comment first on the sheep... I see you are up early again Cro.
      Re. The AB's, yes, I heard it was an interesting game. I think I might be the only person in New Zealand who is not interested in rugby.

      Delete
    2. The sheep picture? Yes Beau and Peep must be on their holidays. I wondered where they had gone.

      Delete
    3. I saw them the other day on the Kaimais too YP. They are really getting around!

      Delete
  2. Lovely. The one that is six from the bottom could be Glencoe in Scotland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Helsie! Or is it that Glencoe could be New Zealand?

      Delete
  3. Beautiful 'though all the photos are you know which one tugs at my heart strings the most!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shall I co-dedicate it to you as well?

      Delete
    2. Please. It's a scene I know so well.

      Delete
  4. I loved the picture of Mount Ruapehu and the road leading towards it. Let's hope that the photographer was not crushed by a big truck after pressing the button to bring us that image.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed YP! Have you heard of that old game 'Frogger' ?

      Delete
    2. "Frogger"? Is that where swinging couples put their car keys in a fruit bowl?

      Delete
  5. Lovely pics - proud to live in such a beautiful country :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Fi. In more than six years blogging, I have not until now had the courage to be so blatently proud ha ha.

      Delete
    2. Those of us who are lucky enough to live amongst such beauty should always be proud of it.

      Delete
  6. Kate - I suspect you will be a grandma before you have blogged about NZ's wedding of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You might be right YP! Hints have been dropped!

    ReplyDelete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.