'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Tuesday 28 August 2018

Wonderful, Wonderful, Copenhagen

When I reached my accommodation - the 'Cabinn Scandinavia' - I was just in time for breakfast.  An amazing feast laid out in the European style with cereals, breads, toast, rolls, bacon eggs, meats, pickles, fresh sweet peppers, spreads, cheeses, fruit juices, milk, tea, coffee and more.  It was just what I needed after 25 hours journey from the other side of the world. Unfortunately I really needed sleep too, but all they could offer at 10am was a luggage room for me to stow my small bag, and a lounge.  I felt too conspicuous snoozing there, even if it had been quiet enough.  Besides, I had had enough of sleeping upright for a while.  What I really needed was somewhere soft and horizontal, but that wasn't to be had until 3pm I was told.  Or maybe 2.30.
I charged up my iPad and let nearest and dearest know I had arrived safely, and went for a walk to the end of the road where there were some interesting statues of people (silently chatting on the empty corner) and then along the road a little where I discovered a lovely peaceful little park, and at the end, a wonderful church, beautifully framed by the tall hedges.  I walked down to get a closer look, then completed the block in the quiet with blackbirds singing in the huge urban trees.  Magic.
When I got back, the receptionist told me a room was available already - oh bliss! - and I think I was asleep before my proverbial head hit the proverbial pillow. The sound of rain outside the window simply sent me even deeper.

Sculpture group on Rosenørns Allé

Julius Thomsens Plads

Sankt Markus Kirke


Frederiksberg C district, Copenhagen

My small but perfectly formed room with ensuite.


5 comments:

  1. Considering I complain every year just about the daylight saving time adjustments, I suspect I'd have BIG difficulties with travelling across the world...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It didn't take me long this time Monica. I think the trick is to sleep a lot and not worry about trying to sleep at the right time, as that seems to happen by itself ... at least, if one has the leisure to do it that way! I was 99% recovered after three days.

      Delete
  2. You do not have a proverbial head or a proverbial pillow, you have an alleged proverbial head and an alleged proverbial pillow, which is not the same thing as allegedly having a proverbial head and allegedly having a proverbial pillow, not the same thing at all.

    My sentences get longer and longer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wondered about that. My head did feel tired as the proverbial however.

      Delete
    2. And my pillow felt as soft as the proverbial.

      Delete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.