'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Thursday 6 September 2018

"Lad"

I have recently watched a movie simply entitled "Lad".  Produced in 2013, It's about a young Yorkshire boy coming to terms with the early death of his father.  I really enjoyed it, not least for the amazing scenery and peek into a way of life I have been interested in for many years.  Unfortunately I didn't get up to Yorkshire on my last visit to The World, but definitely next time!

The acting was excellent although a tiny little bit uneven in parts. The song at the end of the movie was perfect to finish up with, although it made me feel a little bit sad.  I suppose the older one gets, the more likely one is to have someone close who has recently died... That's just the way it is, unless one has no friends, and who would want that state of affairs?

You can watch it here on YouTube as I did, or it's probably on Netflix etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.