'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Tuesday, 26 August 2008

Chocolate



 
Like most people, I love chocolate. But chocolate gives me headaches. Unfortunately not all the time.  So I eat chocolate.  One of my favourite types is Toblerone.  So imagine my delight when I visited Jeff's art site just now and saw what he's painting today.   
Here's a photo of a corner of my bathroom (which, by the way, I renovated myself).  The print comes from a calendar of old chocolate advertisements that N. and I bought in Italy on our trip, the account of which grows steadily here

Post Script.  Jimmy has pointed out that on the Matterhorn logo on the Toblerone box, there's a bear (The symbol of Bern) that not many people spot.  How delightful! 


6 comments:

  1. Wonder where the "one" in "Toblerone" came from aa your poster simply shows the word "Tobler". There must be a story behind that and why is its last syllable pronounced "own"? Those crazy Swiss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, me, pick me sir, (waves arm about) I know the answer!
    "TOBLERONE" is a word play upon the names "Tobler" and "Torrone," the Italian word for honey-almond nougat. It really is, sir. And it was Jean Tobler who started the company.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever Kiwi! Clearly not a kiwi fruit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So -Do I get a star SIr?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jimmy27.8.08

    Another cool thing about Toblerone, is that there's a bear hiding within the mountain logo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm! Chocolate!! I love chocolate! I suffer from migraines and I'm just SO thankful that chocolate doesn't affect me in that way! Nor does cheese! Yay me!

    Funny thing, just yesterday I watched the Billy Connolly monolgue on Toblerone. Do you know the one? He does a wonderful impression of a man with an 'alp' stuck up his nostril and two jammed in the roof of his mouth! LOL!

    'Who would invent a sweetie that hurts you?'

    Well, now we know the answer!

    And I didn't know about the bear, either, Katherine, but now you've pointed it out, he's very clear!!

    ReplyDelete