'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Saturday 9 May 2009

Dunwich Heath



Whereas the spit at Orford is growing, the cliffs at Dunwich up the coast are being eaten away at about the rate of 1 to 2 metres a year.  Perhaps the shingle ends up on the ness.  
The tops of the cliffs are covered with a sea of pretty purple heather.  The day was still very hazy but we bought bottles of elderflower fizz and had a wander around.   No pics as my camera battery had died.

Home via Tescos at Woodbridge for some soya milk for me and a UK adaptor.  Another delish BBQ for dinner.  We are very tired.  I cut the arms off a top so I have something cooler to wear tomorrow - the weather is so hot!


Image taken by Franklin_Hunting, retrieved from flickr 8.5.09.

4 comments:

  1. The heather is beautiful, was it so when you were there? Just lovely, I have never seen such a field of it in person. Are your falls normally so warm?

    http://spacialpeepol.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is autumn in Suffolk 2006, sis. It was a VERY warm autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorite places in the UK is The Hole of Horcum in North Yorkshire. When I saw it, it was covered with heather and just breathtaking! Thank you for reminding me of that day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I'd love to stand in a field of purple heather.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.