'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Thursday, 14 August 2008

Earth Imitates Art



As a geographer and artist, my mouth waters like a river when I see satellite images like this one. Spot the road.
It's part of the McDonnell range in Australia. 
Yummy.
Click to see it bigger.

3 comments:

  1. You know, I have wasted sooo many hours looking at Google Earth... it's mesmerizing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful view. To me it looks like a doorway to the Great Abyss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the same Jeff... I have a book of images taken by astronauts...so the angles are oblique, and usually of something of particular interest. It's brilliant.

    Great visual Ken, it does too!

    ReplyDelete