'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Wednesday 19 November 2008

My favourite breakfast



Bear with me, visitors from offshore, for the breakfast mix to follow will possibly be of limited interest to you as the packet muesli brands may be unknown.  Either way, after about five years of exhaustive tests, I now bring to you:

My Favourite Breakfast.
Mix together the three different mueslis, extra raisins, lots of cashews (roasted but unsalted), linseeds,  and a goodly amount of freshly popped pumpkin kernels.  To a serving, add yoghurt, strawberries (or gold kiwifruit) and milk. 
Yum.  It's so good  that sometimes I have it for supper as well as for breakfast.  

-------------------

T. had his operation yesterday afternoon, was on crutches by lunchtime today, and is home at his flat tonight.  Five screws attach a plate to his tibia as the plafond fracture would not align otherwise.  And of course he's in a cast too.  I'm amazed he's home already, he must be very determined.  Or is thoroughly sick of hospital food and beds!

------------------
And finally ...
 HAPPY  BIRTHDAY BOBBY!

-----------------

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous20.11.08

    You're right, I don't know any of the meuslis shown there, but it sounds somewhat similar to my favourite breakfast - when I bother to eat breakfast at all.

    I start with puffed rice and add dried blueberries, flaked and toasted almonds and some linseed, sesame seed, poppy seed, and hulled hemp.

    Occasionally I'll slice some fruit in it too. Mmmm... yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.