How to make a quick and yummy dessert in no time flat!
1. Roll out some flaky pastry* to about 3 mm (1/4 inch) thickness.
2. Cut out circles using a drinking glass or a cookie cutter.
3. Put a dollop (about a teaspoon) of Christmas mince in the centre of each one and smooth it out a bit but not right to the edges.
4. Brush some water on another circle.
5. Firmly pinch the two pastry circles together around the edges.
6. Cut three deepish knife cuts in the top of each one, brush with beaten egg or milk, and sprinkle with sugar.
7. Bake in a hottish oven (200ºC or 400ºF) for about ten minutes until golden.
These Flaky Mincies keep in a jar for ages, but are nicest eaten hotted up in an oven then doused with cream.
*I always buy mine. Flaky pastry takes ages to make and is really fiddly.