'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Tuesday 2 June 2015

A View With Meaning

I am re-reading one of my favourite books. I am enjoying the interesting arguments put by the sensual and impulsive Emersons contrasting with the acceptable, conservative clergyman, all set in the context of the British Abroad, experiencing the Baedeker-Guided Italy."Let yourself go. Pull out from the depths those thoughts that you do not understand, and spread them out in the sunlight and know the meaning of them.”

- E.M Forster 'Room With a View'



4 comments:

  1. A superb book and one which translated into a superb film. I think that the quotation you have chosen needs a whole essay to analyse. I'm sure YP will achieve it in a sentence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if I ever read the book. I know I saw the film... But do I have it on DVD or did I just see it on TV? I shall have to check...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It never ceases to amaze me that your fabulous beaches are always EMPTY. To me that is heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, 'Room With a View' - great film!
    The book is better than the film, in my opinion, Monica.
    Especially in winter, our beaches are beautiful, wide, and empty, Cro.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.