'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Friday 31 December 2010

The McGurk Effect


I feel vaguely apologetic for posting yet another 'quick vid' post, but I'm so busy gathering up all the edges of my life that frayed during the last two years of Diploma, that there's scarcely time to do anything more. The gutters are being investigated by the blackbirds as they are so full of compost they are providing worms (- there's a whole ecosystem up there!), and the lawns were so long that we discovered a rare breed of ancient sheep/goat grazing under the trees when we mowed them last week.
The nasty creeper down the bank has broached the fence and tendrils are snaking across the grass towards the house, the banana threatens the studio which is filled with white-tailed spiders running amok, and the garage door is peeling so much it looks like a wondrous abstract painting.

And I haven't even written my Christmas cards yet.

But here, in lieu of a decent post, I bring you (sound of distant trumpets) The McGurk Effect:


3 comments:

  1. Ahem...he's been studying the McGurk effect for TWENTY FIVE YEARS?? Hello! Fascinating but I'm sure that there's something far more meaningful the guy could have been doing with his life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beck the falls with foughs of bolly, Ba ba fa fa fa ba fa fa fa...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I guess meaningfulness is in the heart of the doer, YP.

    Fexcellent, Bobert.

    Oh and sorry for the repeat posting to all those who are feedburning this blog. But this new template keeps stuffing up the youtube embedding.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.