'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Tuesday, 14 February 2012

Ode to Sweetcorn


I scarce believe my love to be so pure
As I had thought it was,
Because it doth endure
Vicissitude, and season, as the grass ;
Methinks I lied all winter, when I swore
My love for sweetcorn infinite, if spring make it more.


Apologies to John Donne.

2 comments:

  1. Yet I would not have all yet:
    He that hath all can have no more,
    And since my hunger doth each day admit
    New growth, thou shouldst have new rewards in store;

    With more apologies to JD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha. Very good Geeb.

    ReplyDelete