'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Wednesday 1 August 2012

Stormy Skies


We've had a lot of rain recently. Luckily my graduation weekend was clear, although windy.  But on the way back from Miranda the weather was settling in again across the Waikato and Bay of Plenty, and the moody skies were begging me to record them.








5 comments:

  1. Love the tree skeletons against the stormy sky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1.8.12

    Beautiful pictures! I love clouds... We've had some similar skyscapes here in England too although it's meant to be summer; but I still love them. I know what you mean when you say they were begging to be recorded; I always feel cloudy skies are longing to be appreciated when so many people seem to curse them... Part of my mission in life I like to think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love clouds too but I've seen enough dark clouds the last few years to do mer for the rest of my life. I'd like some more white fluffy ones please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Geeb. This comment of yours was for some unknown reason identified as spam.
      Here it is at last.
      Regarding your fluffy cloud request, I will do what I can. Will clear skies do if I can't do fluffies?

      Delete
  4. Yes, Helsie. They add a good gloomy look to the place :-)

    Antonia - Thanks! Clouds are texture to the skies... We are lucky here by the sea - usually a temperate climate with a long mild summer and a short winter. But I do enjoy the cloudscapes over the Kaimai Range in the Waikato valley.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.