'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Tuesday 12 July 2011

This World Goes Round and Round


Well hi ho blogger friends, here I am still alive, and with a small but beautifully formed post for your viewing pleasure.

The sunset the other night had all the foreshadowing of a beauty...


... even to the blazing end.

They look even better embiggerated. Click on them.

6 comments:

  1. "Embiggerated"? Is that an NZ dialect word? Can a human being be "embiggerated"? Are there any other NZ words I should know before, hopefully, jetting there? In Cambodia, a rather surly NZ man asked if I was a "pom" and I said no - I am a Yorkshireman. Lovely sunset pictures by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh YP, of COURSE 'embiggerated' is a word! Where have you been? In the wilds of Yorkshire or something?

    Actually if my hero Terry Pratchett can call Alzheimer's an 'embuggerance', I can embiggerate things.

    Re. Enzedisms, here's a bottler site. Have a squizz at this before you turn up down here mate.
    http://www.newzealandslang.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. A stunning sunset, Katherine. It's good to see you putting in an appearance. I, and I'm sure I'm not alone, miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous photographs. "Embiggerated" I understood immediately, but being a dumb Yank I had to think for a second or two before the light came on for "Enzedism"...we don't say "zed" you know, we say "zee"....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Robert - Ah yes, 'zee'. I learnt off watching Sesame Street that you say it a funny way.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.