'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Friday 3 March 2017

Hello Again

Well, here I am again.  I have missed y'all.  I have missed blogging.
I have to blog.  Because it is debatable that if It is not blogged about, did It even happen?
So where to start? At the beginning makes sense.
However, contrarily, I will start with this morning, because my memory is not as good as it was and I do remember this morning!
It has been a cool and dry summer here in Tauranga, New Zealand.  A couple of days ago someone said 'Well, today's the first day of autumn!' and I realised that I have only had one ripe tomato off my vines so far.  But then to be fair, that is partly because I didn't get the plants in very early, which was because I was so busy putting on four art exhibitions on in my gallery since I came back from my two very intense travel trips ... it's starting to come back now. 
This was this morning :
From the east end of the verandah, 6.45am, 3.3.17


8 comments:

  1. Hello Kate. I do wish our winters weren't so long.... I'm fed-up with all the cold and the rain. My Tomato plants will go in in about May 1st.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we are lucky Cro. Winters down here are only about three months long. And I can usually get away with fires for six weeks maximum.

      Delete
  2. Nice to have you back. I see that you get up at the same sort of time as Cro. I arose (to cloudy and rainy skies) at 9.15 this morning...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just eating dinner about the time Cro wakes up Tom. And brushing my teeth when you were arising

      Delete
  3. I don't do tomato plants but I love to eat home-grown tomatoes that others have planted, typically my daughter-in-law.

    Good re-entry into the harsh blogosphere. Expectantly awaiting your future contributions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Home grown tomatoes can be wonderful Robert. Especially the old varieties. They actually taste as good as toms did when we were kids!

      Delete
  4. Why do you post stuff up if you don't want comments? I'm off. To hell with this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love comments Tom. Sorry, I missed yesterday's batch to moderate because I was busy painting.

      Delete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.