'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Sunday, 25 March 2012

Post Script: The reason for the party.




Here are a couple of collages of my wonderful daughter who turned 21 last week. They should enlargerate with a click.

And here, for the record, is the menu I compiled for the party:

Soup: Ann's special pumpkin soup with a selection of freshly-baked breads and butter
Main: Individual Chicken Pesto pie with orange butter carrots, salad potatoes and baby minted peas.
Dessert: Creme brulee, Berry-chocolate cream layer cake.
Tea, coffee, fruit punch (non-al), beer (Speights), and wines.

Recipes:

6 comments:

  1. You have a beautiful and very personable daughter. On the other hand she has a terrific Mum. Lucky people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely collage of N. I see she had her photo taken with Patrick Stewart. In spite of his name, he's a Yorkshireman you know! The girl's got taste!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YP. Ah, PS is a Yorkshireman, is he? I didn't know that! Why did I not pick up the accent? (You guessed perhaps that it was a waxwork in Madame Tussauds?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A waxwork! Oh Lord, I couldn't hold a candle to Patrick Stewart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! Pun award of the day goes to Sir Pudding! Well done that man!

    ReplyDelete