'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Sunday 22 March 2015

A B Day.

Today I had a lovely day in Melbourne city. 
I went back to the National Gallery of Victoria, where I have visited before. The rest could pretty much be a Sesame Street clip about the letter B.
I discovered the work of Joseph Brown, Ralph Balson and John Brack. I bought a Book entitled 'Bestiary', and had my hair cut like a Boy. 

The National Gallery of Victoria (NGV), Melbourne,
 looking towards Flinders Railway Station


The Cave. Joseph Brown.

Painting. Ralph Balson.


Two Typists. John Brack.

Bestiary, from the Bodleian Library Oxford.




11 comments:

  1. I thought that the Bodleian library is in Oxford ? (That's Oxford with an O not a B).

    I think the faces on the typists are wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So right Alden. Corrected. Yes! The Typists is a super work! More next time about it.

      Delete
  2. Well, I don't know what that Black Lau comment is all about, but I was extremely disappointed after the beginning of your post not to find a picture you with your hair cut like a Boy at the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go away spammy manny. Robert, just image I am the typist on the left, only with grey hair dyed blondish.

      Delete
  3. I know what rhymeswithplague - vague - what the hell is a 'Black Lau'

    - I have sailed to the 'Eastern Lau' (beautiful string of islands east of Fiji) on a yacht.

    - Maybe a 'Black Lau' is a fetish for photographs of ladies with boyish haircuts?

    - I am thinking of growing my hair long and tying it in a pony tail so that I can have a 'girlish' haircut (so I can look like a pirate) - I want soundssomethinglikeaplague to invent a special name for my new ensemble (Black Lau) is already taken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Photo of you as a girlish pirate or it didn't happen.

      Delete
    2. Black Lau left some spam but has since been removed Alden, and anyone else who thinks RWP is going bonkers.

      Delete
  4. This may sound strange Kate but I think that some of your landscapes are to landscapes what Brack does to faces in that painting. Does that make sense to you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Geeb. I was born about the time he painted it. I suspect from this fact, and other evidence, I may be somewhat stuck there.

      Delete
    2. Perfectly happily, I hasten to add.

      Delete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.