'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Monday 2 March 2015

My Secret Valley

I was pleased as anything when I got this canvas print back from the local copy shop.  And even more so when it came back, the cotton canvas beautifully stretched by a local famers.
All I did was give it a light spray with a matt fixative, to prevent dust or grime from attaching itself so much, and a careful paint of acrylic on the sides.
I can only tell it apart from the original (which was painted with very thinned down oils, so is hardly textured at all)  by looking very closely. (I did enlarge it a little, and lightened it slightly too).






3 comments:

  1. It is interesting (and obvious) how light changes things. The framed painting in the photo (immediately above) has darker and more delineated shadows in this photo. I like this more stark contrast of land and shadow than how it appears (presumably its the same painting) in its frame in the top photo. There was an artist Monet?? who painted a series of haystacks at different times of the day to show the effect of the changes the light wrought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting … yes it was Monet.

      Delete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.