'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Thursday 5 March 2015

Panorama for the Katikati Bioblitz

A while back I blogged about the Miranda Bioblitz.
Rather than repeat myself, please feel free to visit the two Miranda posts (if you don't know what a bioblitz is) here.
As I am on duty in the gallery during the bioblitz day, I am contributing a backdrop to the undertaking.  It's taken me about three weeks to paint the 8 panels (A2 each) in watercolour. This morning it was scanned and printed and laminated and when the panels are put side-by-side in the Katikati Hall tomorrow morning, it will be about 7 metres (yards) long.
Nothing like a bit of pressure to get me producing!

From the top of the Kaimai Range, down to the sea, with five vignettes.
My panorama backdrop for the Katikati Bioblitz 2015
Next day, in the hall:




3 comments:

  1. One word ...SPECTACULAR !

    ReplyDelete
  2. At 7 metres long, that's some painting! Well done. It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I were over there to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.