'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Tuesday 17 March 2015

Total for 24 Hours - the Katikati Bioblitz outcome.




2311- the total number of species. There were also more than 150 more species sent by email that weren't picked up until after the 24 hours were past.
This is for a catchment of one smallish river.  However there were low numbers of some species, and some species expected were not found. The data collected is valuable. 

4 comments:

  1. I can't read the bar graph, and now I am intrigued - something is well over 900, but what is it? and how many somethings has it got that other somethings haven't got that gives it well over 900? - I can't even read the print with my big grandaddy magnifying glass. And some big long names on the bar graph haven't got anything! are they extinct??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alden - I was not able to attend, so the photos from the day are not mine. I think the large category is plants.

      Delete
  2. The species count is, as of today July 8, over 3300.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.