'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Saturday 15 January 2011

Another hot day


Phew. It's been another hot day. The soft dusky rose of the sky brings a welcome coolness after the day's high of 30.4ºC. I spent most of the afternoon in the car driving to Ohope Beach and back. I didn't stop long at the beach, as I was delivering my entry and fees for an art competition. I'd left it too late for the mail system to get it there in time. Very environmentally spendthrift of me, but the breeze through the open windows was rather pleasant.


6 comments:

  1. Hi Katherine,
    Lots of success. What is your entry?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Another hot day"? Bully for you Lady Katherine but gradually we're changing places. Day by day. Our winter will soon be there. Now there's a cheery thought! Good luck in the art competition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Ben and YP. Actually, I should have written entry form. I'm still painting it. It's a frog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elizabeth18.1.11

    I've been worrying about the frog since you graduated, Katherine...glad to hear he's going to be a star again. Did you ever get the projection on the side of the building done?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elizabeth, the previous frog is still with me and was completed some time ago. I'm doing a new one for the competition.

    The mural may have been thwarted by the maintenance people painting the area. It was going to have to be a slightly illegal mural, you see. But there's still hope... (shhhh).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh by the way Elizabeth, thank you for remembering my previous frog, the browny-green tree frog. You have a good memory. The new one I did for the competition is a (plastic) fire-bellied frog, and unfortunately didn't get anywhere... but never mind. I still like it! I've hung it on the wall in the lounge.

    I hope your own art works are progressing satisfactorily?

    ReplyDelete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.