'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Wednesday 30 September 2015

Beautiful New Zealand.

I belong to a facebook group whose members daily post images of New Zealand. Most members are not professional photographers, and the images are often from their home areas.
Over the last couple of weeks I have stolen a whole lot to share with you, my readers. They were almost all taken in the last two months as we transition through spring.

The first one is of my local area looking very nice and fresh-green like.
The cherry trees one I took just yesterday in my local village.
The Aurora one was this winter, from the lower South Island. It's been a marvellous year for the southern lights.
The last one wasn't, needless to say, taken by regular means. It's my wee country, from space.
have forgotten where a lot of the rest of them are, so let's just call it a kiwi medley.

One of yours? 
If you took one of these and want to either be attributed or have it removed, please leave a comment (I will not publish your comment unless you desire it) and I will obey your wishes promptly.

























17 comments:

  1. Wow a feast for my eyes. I'll be back for another look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some stunning photos there. My favourite has to be 'horses cows and mountain'; wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The icecream cone mountain is I think Mt Egmont, or Mt Taranaki. Same mt, different names...

      Delete
  3. Do I need my eyes tested?? The last photograph looks a bit disconcerting, surely Australia is not THAT close. I checked in an atlas and my estimation is that the Australian coast is at least 3 and bit times the length of NZs South Island away from us. In this photo it looks as close as one and bit times the length of the Sth Island away.

    I am not sure how I feel about our lovely Australian friends and rivals being so close.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand your cencern Alden. However, I think when you look at the curvature of the horizon, you'll realise it is a very oblique and low-orbit view, thus compressing

      Delete
    2. ... distances.

      Delete
  4. I am furious that you posted the last picture! How did you get hold of it? All photos that I take from my private spaceship "Spirit of Yorkshire" are copyrighted to the hilt! Expect a missive from my legal team as we seek to recoup expenses and compensation for my distress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I await your missive with interest YP

      Delete
  5. Just fabulous. I love beautiful Aotearoa !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do have plenty of variety don't we Fi!?

      Delete
  6. Yes New Zealand is a truly beautiful place. My first thought when I saw the last photo was that the sun shines on the righteous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think it IS early dawn Geeb. See the lights are still on in Australia.

      Delete
  7. Awesome place. Steal some more photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful, especially the last one! I see you waving.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.