'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Tuesday 13 May 2008

Reflections on my river.


  

...summer just been.

As I paint I've been thinking about the lovely scenes that we see slipping by when we go up the river... 







 Just pull over for a picnic...


There is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.
- The Wind in the Willows - Kenneth Grahame
(Rat, Ch. 1)

2 comments:

  1. I love the third picture down - it's like abstract art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do too YP...do you like the new 'abstract' one too?

    ReplyDelete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.