'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Thursday 23 April 2015

You Can Have the Sun Now ...

5.35pm and we are saying cheerio to the sun today.  It's your turn to have it over there on the other side.
Isn't it a lovely thought that at any moment somewhere in the world it's a sunset?  And sunrise.

From my verandah just five minutes ago…


Closer up.

9 comments:

  1. One of life's miracles.... and it's all FREE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And now it's here for the day. Amazing. (I wrote that ages ago but forgot to press publish).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the moon and the stars are the same ones you see, it's the same old sun up in the sky.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for being considerate of us and letting us have the sun for a while. I'll have to remember that this fall when I start whining about losing the sun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Red. We will have it back in your nighttimes.

      Delete
  4. Is a sunset or sunrise special because of the colours we don't often see in the sky... Or because it is over so soon, like crayfish? Or both?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bottom photo is stunning - its a shame mankind had to add the powerlines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Alden. I could have photoshopped them out, but, well, my cup is 7/8 full.

      Delete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.