'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Wednesday 18 August 2010

Light Relief

This cartoon post is dedicated to my three amazing techno-literate offspring.  With thanks for all the educating and help you've given me over the years.  I've certainly been dragged kicking and screaming into the Century of the Fruit-bat.  (Or is it the century of the Anchovy now?).*


Dilbert.com


* The Terry Pratchett calendar

8 comments:

  1. I love Dilbert. It's the only comic I read in the Sunday newspaper. The fellow who writes it used to work for the same big corporation I did (before it was split up into a lot of smaller companies), and he absolutely nailed its culture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice use of green, too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apologies. I posted the cartoon the wrong size and you couldn't see it all. Now corrected.

    Robert - we get Adams's Dilbert here too. He's great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not familiar with Dilbert. One of the advantages of being (a bit) computer literate is that I get invited out to dinner a lot. 'And if you would like to come a bit early then......'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aha Geeb. Good skill to have. And (although I should know) are you a Mac person, or a PC person?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, Katherine, at this moment I am a PC person and but for Apple's delivery time I would have been a Mac person by now. I have decided to convert. When I thought about it a while ago you mentioned that I'd never regret it (or some such similar encouraging words) and my son has been pointing me in that direction for ages. So my PC, Laptop and Notebook will soon be replaced by a single MacBook Pro.

    Presumably as my lack of knowledge of Windows diminishes the number of my own meals I'll have to cook will increase.

    ReplyDelete
  7. whoo hoo! You will love it!

    ReplyDelete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.