'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Saturday 28 August 2010

Pumpkin Art



Invite a number of people for a roast meal.  Put meat and potatoes in oven to roast.  Put large white pumpkin on chopping block.  Cut a wedge out of the pumpkin.  Commence to cut the skin off.  Get side-tracked by the interesting combination of colours on the pieces of skin.  Arrange pieces in a pleasant arrangement.  Photograph.  Transfer image to computer. Open image in Photoshop and apply 'posterise' filter.

Luckily pumpkins don't take long to roast.

Here's the original:


4 comments:

  1. I must try that posterise option; very artistic.

    I have the Moon film on DVD but haven't watched it yet. A treat in store, I hope.

    That's a nasty looking critter in your blogpost yesterday. My children hate spiders and don't want to go to Australia for that reason!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you be a dear and pop over and my lawn while I re-arrange the clippings?

    ReplyDelete
  3. On to your list you should have perhaps added...
    Listen to guests bashing cutlery in unison on dining table. Overhear phone call to local institution. Hear van from institution screeching to a halt outside. Struggle futilely as straps are tightened on straitjacket.

    Seriously though a fascinating natural "abstract". Well noticed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually prefer the original. In fact I like the combination of shapes and, particularly colours, very much.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.