'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Monday 3 September 2018

Copenhagen and the Tycho Brahe Planetarium

 On my sweltering, bag-toting walk to the Københavns Hovedbanegård (Copenhagen Central Train Station), I passed by the spectacular Tycho Brahe planetarium.  I took a break here because I was so hot and discovered that behind it was a wee piece of canal. Unfortunately it was rather full of algae because of the heat and lack of rain, but I had a few words of commiseration with a coot and a black-headed gull.
Further along the road a woman stopped me and asked if I knew where the station was, so we ended up walking together for the ten minutes.  She was born in Germany, had a Phd in Anthropology from a prestigious North American university, and lived and lectured in New York.  She loved to come back regularly and travel in Europe. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting her, even though it was only briefly.

The station itself is a rather interesting building too.

I rather liked these man-hole covers. I should have taken a rubbing. 

Tycho Brahe Planetarium

Side view Tycho Brahe Planetarium






Black-headed gull Chroicocephalus ridibundus

Coot Fulica atra and Black-headed gull Chroicocephalus ridibundus

I liked the clean lines of the mosaic on the planetarium.
At the back you could see it closer. 




Copenhagen Central Train Station

Copenhagen Central Train Station

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.