'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Friday 21 September 2018

South Sweden.

When I was in Costa Rica two years ago I met an interesting man who was, like me, also photographing insects. 
However, unlike me, his was a life-long passion which has taken him to many places, and especially and repeatedly, the Amazon basin.  He happened to be a Swede, and as we had been communicating occasionally, I took him up on his offer to stay a few days.  We had a busy two days exploring some of the south of Sweden.
But first, let me show you the amazing 'sandwich' that was waiting for me when I first arrived off the train, tired and hungry, at his place.



Isn't that the most beautiful sandwich in the world?  It was cold and so fresh! 

The skies in the south of Sweden were rather wonderful too... They had an amazing and remarkable luminosity I have only seen once in my life before (in Taranaki, New Zealand).  

This was the next day on our way to a stone-age burial chamber. I will post about that tomorrow.







6 comments:

  1. Ah, I'm kind of getting a familiar feeling here... Remains to be seen if you'll be going where I think you may be going! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do give me feedback Monica. I wonder if you have been there too?

      Delete
  2. Before I even rad what you wrote I thought, "That is a beautiful sandwich!" I'm glad you were greeted with such a lovely treat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emma, it TASTED wonderful too. Shrimpy and slightly oniony and creamy with a squeeze of lemon. Perfect with sweet baby tomatoes.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful sandwiches yes but easy to eat? My jury is out on that one. What struck me is how flat the landscape is. That alone gives rise to wonderful big skies. Just occasionally we, too, get skies with a special luminosity but they are rare occasions. The same sore of days, I suppose, as the nights when we can see the aurora so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, more a sort of sandwich 'cake', and very soft, and easy to eat with a fork, Geeb. You cut a wedge, rather than a slice.
      Ah... or days when the sea is calmer and the sun bounces off the surface up into the air?
      I will have to come up again for the Aurora. How could I have forgotten it was on the top of my bucket list?

      Delete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.