'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Saturday 11 October 2008

Awarded



Well, fame!  Jay over in Depp country has come out and publicly said she loves me!  And now I get the nice job of spreading this around to seven more people.  I was going to post about manuka honey today, but this is far more important.

Here are seven of the blogs I visit and that I love.

Yorkshire Pudding.  For acerbic (sometimes), silly (often) and (usually) clever, interesting or cute posts that I love to read.  
Tillerman.  For his innocent passion for sailing, and his kind and thoughtful attitudes to everything else.
The Trouser Press.  For the fun name, and for those relaxing, everyday, well-written ramblings.
Monkeys on the Roof.  For transporting me away to Africa where it's dry, full of animals, drought and thorn-bushes, and yet also everyday things like painting the house and sitting on the stoep,  or getting an uncomfortable massage experience.  
I for an I.  For an insight into Judaism, and the everyday application of a universal spiritual journey that gently calls me.
Crofty.  Despite often long waits between posts, always worth waiting for.
Daily Painters Guild.  For a roll-call of painters who (usually) paint every day.  
Vendr.  For a gentle, honest person with courage and wit.  And brilliant photography.

Whoops, eight, never mind.  Better stop there.  There are many more I love!

6 comments:

  1. Blushing with pride and imperialistic embarrassment, I take a theatrical bow in my pantaloons with silk codpiece. Arise Sir Pudding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What can a sailor do after being awarded such an honour except splice the mainbrace several times, including the raising of my glass in a toast to your good self. Thankyou Katherine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello katherine! i found you through vals blog, and i couldent agree more, she is wonderful! good choice. your blog looks so interesting also, new zealand is a magical place. oh, congratulations on your award also! i like your blog too.

    x lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your blog through that black box thingie. It seems we have several things in common.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much! That's really lovely, thank you (again!). You must have really enjoyed undergoing comment moderation by a pair of trousers on my last post :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow Katherine - thank you SO much! I feel hugely honoured. When i started this blogging journey i had no idea of the wonderful new connections i would make - nevermind that anyone would be remotely interested in my efforts. Your blog is wonderful and I have heard so much about NZ its great to see it through your eyes. you truly deserve the award!
    hurrah! xx

    ReplyDelete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.