'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Monday 20 October 2008

What's it worth?


Waterlily, Bateman's.  27 x 20 cm.   Oils.  Click on it to enlarge image.

It's done!  Three cheers and a big red rosy apple!

Time for my signature and to 'abandon it' as Picasso said.  I'll put it on TradeMe next week.*  
I'll give it a coat of lacquer to really bring out the colours, make it shine, and protect the surface.

I've started the next one.  It's below. A lemon yellow hibiscus with a pink centre.  It's dark ochre/orange because it's the underpainting.  The idea is that it will 'shine' through and 'lift' the pale yellow.  This one is 32 x 24 cm.



* Unless you want to put in an offer for it between now and then.  Email me ...

6 comments:

  1. Hi, came here via the black box. That painting is great! So life like, I'd have put my house on it being a photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous21.10.08

    Your waterlilies is absolutely gorgeous!! I love it! You did a great job.

    Can't wait to see what the hibiscus is going to turn out like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I offer three packs of Aunt Bessie's frozen Yorkshire puddings! This would give you thirty six mini Yorkshires. Just two minutes in a hot oven and serve with gravy. Mmmmm! After all you can't eat Art can you?

    Superb picture by the way you clever, patient woman!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks folks.

    YP, I'm thrilled you value it so highly. I might yet take you up on your offer. But how will you keep them frozen for nearly 12 thousand miles?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work,it should sell very quickly I would think. You should post more examples for us all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks David.
    I hope $o!
    I will.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.