'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Friday 6 March 2009

Beauty in Unexpected Places



Here today, for your viewing pleasure; a random choice from the archives, posted in haste before I trudge through the rain across the park and over the footbridge to the educational institution where I spend my days now...

Taken in a church yard somewhere in Sussex.

6 comments:

  1. Katherine
    What is this horrible educational institution you are talking about and what did you do wrong to be sent there? I was wondering why you haven't been blogging so much recently. What are the wardens like?
    YP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sussex indeed! Well it looks very intriguing anyway. My husband would probably know what it was, I might ask him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whatever that is I don't think I want to be the first to eat it. If it was a mushroom, I would make it into soup - Mushroom soup is one of the things God DID get right on this planet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6.3.09

    I have no idea what that is! Funghi identification is not my strong point. But it's .. .interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmmmmmmmm shroooooms :-)

    memories of my wasted youth :-)

    take your time, Kat, c'ya when ya get back.

    ..
    .ero

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have never got into mushrooms.

    Sorry to hear about the institutionalization - full story to follow??

    ReplyDelete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.