'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Monday 3 May 2010

Rainbow over the Kaimais



I was driving over the Kaimai Range on Saturday, and the patches of autumn sunshine and patches of light rain made just the right conditions for this rainbow. There's something so alluring about rainbows, isn't there? I found a safe spot and pulled over to snap these images. But I noticed the colours looked brighter through the polarised windscreen of the car, than through the open window. I'll have to look up why that would have been.

But I can't let this opportunity go by without directing you to this clip about rainbows that I have previously posted.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful - I love rainbows. I still think it's strange that you're getting Autumn when we're getting Spring - I think this the-world-is-round business hasn't quite sunk in with me yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love rainbows too and your pictures are making me feel homesick already.

    I haven't resumed my tour through your back posts yet. I'm only just keeping up with all the current blogs at the moment.

    I've just watched the video. It's too natural to be a spoof. I shall say no more!

    Just in case you are wondering why I am suddenly appearing in your followers again it's because I'm signing in in my Eagleton Notes persona so that you come up on that dashboard as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I checked out the "Scary Rainbow" clip. I prefer the more romantic view of rainbows...the charming and whimsical phenomenon that has delighted me since childhood. I do believe New Zealand has the most beautiful rainbows I've ever seen. They are frequent and vast. Rainbows seldom appear in my skies anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't let this opportunity go by without directing you to this clip:

    The Rainbow Connection

    ReplyDelete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.