'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Thursday 10 May 2012

The Auckland Art Gallery - Renovations Complete



After almost two years of no access to most of my favourite paintings in Auckland, at last the new addition to the gallery is finished.
I'd glad they kept the fine old gabled buildings at the front.  Most of what you can see in this video is not conspicuous at all from the street.  But, how wonderful to have all that extra space.

If I was back home I'd certainly be checking the place out.

9 comments:

  1. Please read my blog today for a pleasant surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I grow up, I want to be a crane driver!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robert. OK!

    A Fox - Me too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When we were there I am pretty sure the building was shrouded in scaffolding etc.. It's as if a beautiful butterfly has emerged from its ugly chrysalis. One day I guess you'll go back to NZ - you'll see it then or maybe you could just take a virtual tour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the look of the old building. Glad they kept it.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. when i grow up, i would also like to drive cranes and feed them also

    ReplyDelete
  7. YP - that's a lovely analogy.
    Helsie - This makes a refreshing change. Usually NZ is extra-good at NOT keeping what few old buildings we have... :-(
    Putz - Ha. Very Punny.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Auckland art gallery is looking more beautiful than it was before renovation. A great work by the renovators. For contact such renovators, Visit: http://www.buildingandbeyond.co.nz/home-renovation

    ReplyDelete
  9. The renovation completed and the building is in it's new look! How great effect the renovation made on the building. I have seen such change before when i renovated my home! My renovator was: http://www.buildingandbeyond.co.nz/home-renovation

    ReplyDelete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.