'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Tuesday 15 May 2012

The Three Days of Motherness.

I've never really 'done' Mother's Day.  Well, that's what I tell my three kids.  But in the last few years each of them has gone to some trouble and/or expense to remember me.  How lovely it is!
This year (the day before) daughter presented me with a heavenly scented bunch of scented gorgeous whiteness.  I wish you could smell these.
A 'classical' bouquet of perfumed stocks and lilies.
 Oldest son and his partner organised for the delivery (the day after) of a huge bouquet of .... chocolates!  I wish I could offer you one.
A bouquet of star-shaped foiled chocolates
And youngest son brought me breakfast in bed on the day.  Marvelous!

8 comments:

  1. Who wouldn't like a bouquet of chocolates? How original!
    UK's Mother's Day was close to my birthday in March, and my Kindle was a combined prezzie from my grown up kids - It's the best ever thing for reading in bed! And goes to show, any day can be Mother's day! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jinksy! Ah, a kindle. My Author (partner) doesn't approve of 'em, but I think Id love one. Shhh.

      Delete
  2. I always tell my mum that EVERY day is mothers' day!! That gives me an excuse for being a bad son I think!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I expect she lets you off as long as you occasionally tell her you love her.

      Delete
  3. You see. You really are special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad your kids don't take you at your word. These are beautiful mother's day presents, all three of them

    ReplyDelete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.